Christopher Lutz, MD
Dr. Christopher Lutz is a fellowship-trained, board-certified physiatrist in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, specializing in interventional orthopedics and regenerative medicine. Dr. Lutz currently serves as a Senior Physician at the Regenerative SportsCare Institute and an Assistant Attending Physiatrist at the Hospital for Special Surgery, where he has been serving patients since 2001. In addition, Dr. Lutz is an Assistant Professor of Clinical Rehabilitation Medicine at Weill Medical College of Cornell University.
In his clinical practice, Dr. Lutz specializes in fluoroscopic and ultrasound-guided injections of the joint and spine. Over the course of his career, he has co-authored a number of research studies focused on determining the safety and efficacy of intradiscal biologic injections for the treatment of discogenic low back pain. Currently, Dr. Lutz is leading studies that evaluate the efficacy of intraarticular and intratendinous injections of bone marrow aspirate for the treatment of knee osteoarthritis and anterior cruciate ligament tears and lumbar disc disease, respectively.
A graduate of Princeton University and Georgetown University School of Medicine, Dr. Lutz completed his residency in PM&R at UMDNJ—Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation, followed by his fellowship in Spine and Sports Medicine at Hospital for Special Surgery.
He is a Founding Board Member of the Regenerative Orthobiologics Registry and the Playsmart Foundation, as well as a Consulting Physician to the Princeton University Athletics Department. Dr. Lutz has received numerous awards for excellence in care throughout his career and appears annually on Castle Connolly’s and New York Magazine’s ‘Top Doctors’ lists.
- America’s Top Doctors, Castle Connolly, 2013—2017
- Top Doctors: New York Metro Area, Castle Connolly, 2013—2017
- Top Doctors, New York Magazine, 2016
- On-Time Doctor Award, Vitals.com, 2014, 2016
- Compassionate Doctor Recognition, Vitals.com, 2014, 2016
- Healthnetwork Award for Excellence in Service, 2014
- Dr. Margaret M. Kenrick Achievement Award, Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, Georgetown University School of Medicine, 1996
- Assistant Attending Physiatrist, Hospital for Special Surgery
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Rehabilitation Medicine, Weill Cornell Medical College
- Regenerative Medicine
- Sports Medicine
- Interventional Orthopedics
- Knee, Hip, Elbow, Shoulder, Tendon, and Spine
- Non-Surgical Management of Low Back, Joint, Tendon, and Sports-Related Injuries
- Regenerative Medicine
- Interventional Orthopedic Procedures
- Management of Acute Low Back Pain
- Stem Cell Injections
- Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Injections
- Intradiscal Biologic Injections
- Ultrasound-Guided Joint and Tendon Injections
- Fluoroscopically-Guided Spine Injections
- American Medical Association
- American Academy of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- North American Spine Society